Welcome to our September/October 2021 issue. Inside, we look at how having a financial plan in place early on can make it easier to manage your money further down the line. It’s never too early to make a financial plan. The sooner you work out your goals and start following a plan to achieve them, the more likely you are to succeed. On page 6 there are three key questions to ask yourself when building your financial plan.
In this issue we look at:
- INHERITANCE TAX – minimising the impact on your estate
- MAKING INHERITANCE GIFTS FROM SURPLUS INCOME Are you making use of this useful and much underutilised exemption?
- PENSION TIPS IF YOU’RE ABOUT TO RETIRE Understanding your options and
putting a plan in place
- BUILD YOUR OWN FINANCIAL PLAN Vision without action is merely a dream
- PREPARING FOR THE UNEXPECTED Protection should be a core part of your financial plan
- HOW TO TRACE MULTIPLE OLD PENSION POTS Over time, pension schemes close, merge or become renamed
- TIME FOR PENSIONS TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS BUILDING A BETTER WORLD Landmark report from the United Nations on the state of climate science
- COPING WITH LIFE-CHANGING EVENTS Plan for tomorrow, live for today
- HOW HAS COVID-19 AFFECTED RETIREMENT PLANS? Attitudes and aspirations of this year’s retirees
- PROPERTY WEALTH BOOST Older homeowners receive £1.94 billion
- GENDER PENSION GAP British women impacted at every stage of career
- FINANCIAL FUTURES Gen Xers expected to face significant challenges in retirement
- INTERGENERATIONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING COVID-19 increases desire for sustainable investing for half of UK adults
- RETIREMENT PLANS BEING PUT IN JEOPARDY Pandemic threatens pushing over-50s into pension poverty
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PENSION WHEN YOU DIE? Providing an income or nest egg for your loved ones to enjoy, long after you are gone
- KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY Two in three people accessing advice share same financial adviser as their parents
- CORONAVIRUS ALTERS RETIREMENT PLANS One in eight older workers extend their planned retirement age
- PLANNING FOR A BETTER FINANCIAL FUTURE Have you made sure your plans are still on track?
- WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH INFLATION? Easing of lockdowns boosts consumer
confidence and unleashes pent-up demand